home Forum Home Help Search Register

New Directions in Printmaking  |  General Category  |  Waterless Lithography  |  Modifying Van Son Rubberbase plus ink « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modifying Van Son Rubberbase plus ink  (Read 181 times)
Nik Semenoff

Posts: 19

View Profile
Modifying Van Son Rubberbase plus ink
« on: May 04, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »

Recently I have been using one of my modifiers with great success and feel many would benefit from this information.  To get the finest detail to print, I have always been using loose ink that was just ready to cause tinting, but a 1:1 mixture of Venice turpentine and #7 varnish seems to have solved the problem. I add quite a bit of the modifier in most cases, as lithography usually puts on a very thin film of ink on the paper.

Kae, a Japanese printer had sent me three cartridges of silicone make there and I have found them superior to the Dow Corning I had found best amongst North American products. Maybe this is one the reason for cleaner printing, so I will have to make a plate using old silicone, to test the hypothesis. 

How to make the modifier is posted on my university website.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: